Dutch archives news roundup - May 2007
News from the Dutch archives.
- The National Archives opened the archives of Ordedienst and Binnenlandse Strijdkrachten, Dutch resistance movements sponsored by the Dutch government in exile during the second world war. These can be consulted on site in The Hague.
- The National Archives have a vacancy for a new Director, as their current Director will retire at the end of this year.
- Over half of the car license plate registrations for Friesland from the period 1906-1950 are now available online. The rest will follow this year.
- The Amsterdam Archive opened a new and improved image bank.
- All birth acts from Rotterdam (1811-1902) are now available in their online database. Death acts will be next.
- The provinces Groningen, Noord-Brabant, Noord-Holland, Limburg and Zeeland have added new acts to Genlias.