Graafschap church saves its heritage in museum
From the Grand Rapids Press:
"The center represents a virtual timeline of how the CRC and Graafschap have grown up together since the community's founding and the 1857 secession. About 100 settlers from the provinces of Drenthe and Bentheim, the latter now part of Germany, settled here in 1847.
Numerous artifacts depict the early days of the church and community, and murals show the role of such prominent early leaders as the Rev. Albertus Van Raalte, Holland's founder, and the Rev. Douwe VanderWerp, Graafschap's first pastor and the founder of the publication that would become know as The Banner."