Dutch archives news roundup - March 2007
- The National Archive announced the addition of records from the Netherlands antilles to the Genlias project. See my earlier post on this topic.
- The Amsterdam City Archive closed its doors on 30 March. They will spend the next few months moving to a new location. The new location will open to the public on 7 August.
- A researcher discovered a hand-written letter by Voltaire in the Friesland archive. It is the only known Voltaire letter that is written in Dutch.
- The Gelderland Archive discovered a 16th century album amoricum in a private collection that they have currently on loan. The album dates from before 1556 and is the oldest known Dutch album amoricum.
- The Noord-Holland archive completed their refurbishment and reopened on a new location.